Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My Three (Homeschooled High School) Sons

A whole bunch of ladies on the Schoolhouse Review Crew were chatting about high school, and how scary the whole idea of homeschooling high school can be.  Somehow, in that conversation, the idea was born that we ought to do a Homeschooling High School Blog Hop.

Homeschooling High School Blog Hop 2015


I am totally in favor of that, as writing about what we are doing helps forces me to think through what we are actually doing.  And I love seeing what other people are up to as well.

And... this year, I have not one, not two, but THREE sons in high school.  How. Is. That. Possible?


So let me tell you a bit about them.



Connor is my senior.  He loves science and math, and loves to read practically anything.  He loves computers and geeky jokes.  In fact, he was messaging nerd jokes back and forth with the daughter of of one of the other participants in this blog hop just this weekend. 

William is my sophomore.  He would be thrilled if I allowed him to do only social studies -- history, economics, maybe some art history in there too.  His favorite book is Tale of Two Cities.  He'd rather be sleeping than almost anything.  And he's a pretty good cook.

Thomas is my newest high school student.  At one point in life, he was planning to be an archaeologist.  He loves art, hates math, enjoys history, and makes a mean cranberry sauce. 


So that's my crew.  I'm going to try to add a photo, but we'll have to see.  They don't always cooperate when it comes to pictures.


What is this Blog Hop about?


Well, there are eighteen or so of us, and we are all, once a month, going to be blogging about a single topic.  I'm sure it will be wonderful.

The first real one will be June 24, where we will be talking about Planning for High School.  This is something I'm in the middle of -- again -- right now.  What classes are they going to take?  How can I make it less work for me?  What about earning some college credit?


You can hop around to meet the other participants!  There are some truly amazing homeschool families here, and I'm thrilled to be introducing them to you.


Chareen from Every Bed of Roses - Introducing the 2015 Homeschool High School Blog Hop

Jennifer from A Glimpse of Our Life - Meet The Bloggers of The Homeschooling High School Blog Hop

Meg from Adventures with Jude - Hints for Homeschooling High School

Cristi from Through the Calm and Through the Storm - Some Homeschooling High School Friends

Leah from As We Walk Along the Road - Are You Really Homeschooling Through High School?! The Homeschool High School Blog Hop

Michele from Family, Faith and Fridays - Homeschooling High School Blog Hop

Lisa from Golden Grasses - You Can Do It! Homeschooling through High School Blog Hop

Wendy from Life at Rossmont - Introducing High School Homeschooling ... {A Monthly Blog Hop}

Gena from I Choose Joy! - Homeschooling High School monthly blog hop- Introduction

Kym from Homeschool Coffee Break - Meet the Homeschooling High School Bloggers!

Debbie from Debbie's Homeschool Corner - Homeschooling High School

Carol from Home Sweet Life - Homeschooling High School ~ What is it REALLY like?

April from ElCloud Homeschool - Introducing Homeshooling High School

Erica from Be The One - Homeschooling High School

Laura from Day by Day in Our World - Homeschooling High School ~ A New Monthly Series of Posts

Tess from Circling Through This Life - Introducing the Homeschool High School Blog Hop!

Dawn from Double O Farms - Tapping into Great Resources for Homeschooling High School

2 comments:

Meg Falciani said...

I hear you on the photos. I asked my boys to let me take ONE decent picture for this hop.

The one that came out best is the one with rabbit ears. :/

Elizabeth said...

Although I already have experienced graduating one child, that child was a very easy-going and motivated daughter. My next child is my only son, so I am going to need all the "been there, done that" encouragement I can get! I will definitely be visiting these moms!

I am so grateful for all of you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom!