Thursday, May 24, 2012

TOS Homeschool Crew: Blue Ribbon Awards

As the 2011-2012 Crew year comes to a close, the Crew once again voted, and we are proud to present awards to our vendors - the TOS Homeschool Crew Blue Ribbon Awards.

I did not review all of these products this year, but I did review a lot of them.  Since this is my blog, I'll link up my review where appropriate, and the text will be in blue.  If I didn't review the product, the link will take you to the TOS Homeschool Crew Blog page for that review.  All my reviews link back to the TOS Homeschool Crew Blog page, if you want to see other people's opinions too.


Obviously, everyone I voted for didn't win, but there certainly are some amazing companies and products on this list.

The following vendors are the recipients of the award (pictured at the left) this year:



Favorite Reading Instruction Product: Reading Eggs
Favorite Writing Product: Write Shop
Favorite Language Arts Product: Progeny Press
Favorite Social Studies Product: TruthQuest History
Favorite Science Product: Amazing Science
Favorite Math Product: Math Mammoth
Favorite Online Math Product: Math Rider
Favorite Foreign Language Product: Visual Latin
Favorite Fine Arts Product: Artistic Pursuits ~I did review Artistic Pursuits for the crew before
Favorite Christian Education Product: Apologia: Who Am I?
~~~
Favorite Preschool Product: Before Five in a Row
Favorite Elementary Product: All About Reading
Favorite Middle School Product: Write with WORLD
Favorite High School Product: Excellence in Literature
Favorite College or College-Prep Product: Excellence in Literature
~~~
Best Online Resource: Reading Eggs
Best e-Product: Heritage History ~I will be posting a review -- and giveaway -- hopefully today
Best Homeschool Resource: Apologia: Educating the Wholehearted Child
Best Book, Novel, or Magazine: Apologia: How to Have a HEART for Your Kids
Best Children's Book: Amazing Animals by Design
Best Game or Toy: Northstar Games: Wits and Wagers and Say Anything ~I reviewed Wits and Wagers last year
Best Hands-On Resource: Pitsco Education
~~~
Best Resource I Didn't Know I Needed: eMeals
Best Customer Service: K5 Learning
Most Adaptable Resource: Creek Edge Press
Most Family-Oriented Resource: Northstar Games: Wits and Wagers and Say Anything ~I reviewed Wits and Wagers last year

~~~
Kids' Choice (favorite of CHILDREN ages 0-12): Reading Eggs
Teens' Choice (favorite per the TEENAGERS): Pitsco Education
All Around Crew Favorite: Visual Latin


On a personal note, I would have loved to add an additional category this year.  So MY PERSONAL award, not at all official through the Crew as a whole:

Product that Changed Our Lives:  Read Naturally's Read Live subscription

I'll be posting SOON, I promise, on just how life-changing this has been for William and Thomas.



Congratulations to all the winners!  I sure hope to see many of you sailing with us again!

Many Crew Members are blogging about these awards as well. Click below to see what they have to say!

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to see the Crew Blog Posts...

No comments: