Friday, November 4, 2011

Gratitude Challenge: November 4


This is going to be short and sweet.

Today, I am grateful for a clean kitchen.

It's been a long time coming.  And everything seems to conspire against me in this.  Like Richard & Trina taking over the washing of dishes.  It takes them for.ev.er., I am telling you.

But today, we took a break from school and I gave everyone an assignment.  And the end result is that I actually feel like I can function in my kitchen again.  Dishes were all washed at one point, the floor was even scrubbed.

So... maybe this weekend I can get a whole lotta cooking done...

2 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

You know, I think some of that is going to happen in my own kitchen today. Why the rest of my family thinks that my kitchen countertop and island are an extension of a school desk is beyond me! ;)

And why the hand washables are considered an "optional" item on the "To Do" list, too. We have the luxury of having a working dishwasher, but it is amazing how often the kids think that if they can stuff the dishwasher and start it, then they are done. Uh, no.

Laura O in AK said...

I would LOVE a clean kitchen. I'm just happy to get a clean bathroom most days.