Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reading Aloud Challenge: October 6

Here is what we've been reading this week.  Much better than anything lately.


Mara, Daughter of the Nile turned up, and we read about half of it. The kids are loving it, of course.  It helps that they all remember how it turns out.  

We are about halfway through Homer Price.  Funny, funny, funny.




So, umm, yeah.  Not something I'm totally proud of, but better than the last couple times.

Plans for this coming week?  I don't even want to guess.  With this whole wedding thing coming up, I just want to finish what we are currently doing and not worry about it until we return home.  We've got a couple audiobooks ready to go for the trip though... Mr. Popper's Penguins and Heidi.  I need to find one for me for while kids are sleeping, but I'm just not there yet.

How did your week go?  Sign the linky to link up your reading aloud post and I'll come visit your post, sometime.

To see my first post when this turned into a linky thing, check here.

5 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

Sounds like a good week, Debra. I cannot remember whether we read Mara or not last history cycle. We opted differently this one. Homer Price has been a fun one. That and Owl in the Family I have fond recollections of reading with my kids. We tend to use lots of audiobooks when we travel, especially Hank the Cowdog. :)

I'll try to check in tomorrow. :)

Amanda said...

I may have to check out Mara to read for myself! I always enjoy children's books more than adult books anyways. :) I shared some more toddler/preschool read-alouds. We looked at kittens a week ago and read lots of kitten-themed books.

Tess said...

Yay! I got to participate this week!

i cant decide said...

I need to get myself organized to link up this week.

I have not read either of the books you are working on. This is a neat way to find more books for my want to read list.

Unknown said...

I couldn't get a post up this past week, so I have decided to wait and post on Thursday. Hopefully I will remember!

Amy