Friday, January 14, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday

This is going to be quick... I have a lot of things I really need to get done today.  But I have to be reporting in.  You know, like *every* week... <sigh>

The big news?  I worked out.  You know, an actual, real workout.  Wednesday.  And Thursday.

And I noticed it when I took William to do his patrol shopping for the camping trip this weekend.  Uff dah, yeah, I noticed it.  I bent over to get tea from the bottom of the cart, and did not think I'd be able to stand up again.  (The downside of William doing his patrol shopping... I was ON MY OWN to get my groceries out of my cart.  It has been a long, long time since I've had to do anything like that!)

I've continued to keep my water intake up since ending the challenge.  Though I did have a Mountain Dew when I was out with my older two boys last weekend.  Other eating has been pretty good too.

So, about this working out thing... well, a Christmas family splurge happened.  We got an XBox.  First gaming system we've owned.  We have all of three games to go on it... the one that came with it, and two workout ones.  I went for the simpler-looking workout "game" (you know, the one that didn't come with things like a heartrate monitor!).  It is WEIRD, WEIRD, I tell you, to be working out and seeing fat me on the screen.  But I do think this is going to be really good.

The bigger boys are going to be using one of these programs as the bulk of their workouts for the Personal Fitness merit badge.  Well, Thomas will be using it for, umm, yeah, Athlete Activity Badge for Webelos.

Anyway, that is my check-in.  Hopefully, over the weekend I'll be able to go see what my fellow Fit Mommies are up to.


11 comments:

i cant decide said...

Good job working out. We have a wii and I find it insulting when I stand on the board to be weighed and the thing makes a groaning sound. So rude! It will be fun to see my person shrinking, someday.

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Oh that sounds fun. The games on XBox look really good!

Michelle Smith said...

We got our first gaming system ever for Christmas, too, Debra. We got a Wii. I haven't used it much yet, but the kids are enjoying it. And you've done great this week on your eating and exercising. I know what you mean about "feeling" a workout afterward. I'm sure you'll be seeing some nice results soon.

Annie Kate said...

Great job, working out and keeping up the water. Way to go!

Annie Kate

Rodna Allman said...

We almost got an X Box too. Since you already have one, you should definitely get the Kinect that goes with it. All the games are active it is awesome! That is the only reason we were even considering getting the XBox.
It also has some really cool workout videos.

Lorus! said...

Yay on the workouts! Hope y'all enjoy the xBox - we just got our first game system too, a Wii, and I find I use it pretty frequently to exercise.

Debra said...

We did get the Kinect. That was the whole reason we did it... No way we would have justified it otherwise. We have/will watch for sales to be able to get more active types of games. Anything else will have to be found used.

Unknown said...

Have fun with the XBox! We have one too, but I don't know how to turn it on. SIGH.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

The Kinect looks really cool. I'm glad that you were able get in some real workouts with your new system. Keep an eye out on amazon as they offer some great sales on games now and then. ;)

SisterTipster said...

Go Girl! You have a great start on the New Year! woohoo! Sounds like fun!

Dawn said...

Sounds like things are going good! I still need to do my post for last week. DS14 got a used xbox for Christmas...maybe I'll have to see what else we can use it for. *wink*