- Kids all had eye appointments yesterday. Four of the five are great. Connor needs new glasses, including new frames. Can't afford to do that until January.
- Eye doctor asked Richard what he wants to be when he grows up. "A Christian," was Richard's immediate response. Without skipping a beat, the eye doctor replied, "You don't have to grow up to be that. I bet you are already. Does Jesus live in your heart?" Reminds me there definitely is a reason we go to this doctor. (And Richard's answer was "yes.")
- We had a screw-up at the bank. In the process of investigating it, the teller informs me that it involved a payment to Compassion. She overrode the charges because of who the payment was to. (Mix-up is fixed, money is moved, balance is what it should be now.) I'm very grateful it wasn't a gas purchase or something that was the final straw, as that saved us a $25 charge.
- One of my Boy Scouts got his 2010 merit badge cards signed off. Tracking and Carpentry. Other Boy Scout still needs to do that. The Scout Shop confirmed that they just need to finish it in 2010, they don't have to get the advancement person to register it in December. YAY. Still have some work to do to get this to go through.
- Thomas earned his Webelos badge this month, thanks to his den leader pushing some stuff through. Den leader went to the Scout Shop to make sure to get the special 100th Anniversary badges for the kids who have earned it. YAY!
- Went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader with six boys and a girl. It was a blast. I think this is my favorite Narnia movie now. The Dawn Treader itself was absolutely beautiful.
- I'm in a position with reviews right now where I am doing a LOT (just check my sidebar, yikes!) but it is amazing how absolutely perfect almost everything on that list is. I'm overwhelmed sometimes by how incredibly fortunate we've been in this whole "review gig."
- I won a giveaway yesterday for an Bible/Art DVD. I'm so excited. I really hoped to get this.
- I was part of a group gift to some special people. It is so cool to make someone else cry... :)
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Nothing that is big enough to make a blog post itself, but a bunch of great stuff happening --