Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude Challenge: Friends

A good friend of mine, Brenda at Garden of Learning, put together a Gratitude Challenge.  The idea is to post for every day in November about something you are thankful for.

So -- Day Eight  --


So tonight as I was dropping my Boy Scouts off at church (very) early, in order to be able to get my Cub Scouts to the other side of town to be bowling, I left them with parting instructions.

I told them I should be back to pick them up, but if Mrs. X told them that they were supposed to go home with her that they needed to go home with her (she lives near the bowling alley).  And as I added... "You know, that is a good rule of thumb.  If she ever tells you that you are supposed to go home with her, you are to do so."

It hit me that it has been a very, very long time since I've been able or willing to say that about anyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful it is to have someone you trust to pick up your kids!

My Captivating Life said...

That is definitely a blessing!