Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gratitude Challenge: Flexibility


A good friend of mine, Brenda at Garden of Learning, put together a Gratitude Challenge.  The idea is to post for every day in November about something you are thankful for.So -- Day Seven  --
Today we are celebrating a birthday.  I'm going to save being grateful for my ten year old for when he does actually turn ten.  

So today I am grateful for children who are flexible.  We are mostly celebrating the birthday today instead of on Tuesday.  This way we can all celebrate, instead of doing it on a day when we are all going in different directions. 

Of course, it doesn't take a lot to convince a kid to celebrate their birthday early.  But it is deeper than that.  They are all so good at going with the flow and being so understanding about crazy things and situations.  Nobody blinks at birthday presents wrapped in grocery bags or Christmas paper.  Nobody objects to parties happening a month after their birthday (if at all). 

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Well, that must be nice! Flexibility is not something we see much of in our Aperger House, but I do love reading your description of what it's like. I can smile, and imagine. =) I hope it was a very merry almost birthday!

Jennifer said...

Happy (early) birthday to him! We like to celebrate with our kids on the weekends, too, when Grandparents can be with us. I haven't looked at it as the kids being flexible, but you are right. It is nice to notice when they are so agreeable.

My Captivating Life said...

I hope he enjoyed his celebration! :) We have birthday's a month late around our house to! :)