Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude Challenge: Day One


I was NOT going to do this.  But I have to.

A good friend of mine, Brenda at Garden of Learning, put together a Gratitude Challenge.  The idea is to post for every day in November about something you are thankful for.

So -- Day One --

Tonight was Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.  I have two of each, which everyone who reads my blog knows already.  I've spent time griping a bit about some of the things going on with our pack and with our troop.

Tonight, with this Gratitude Challenge in mind, I looked around the room at Cubs, and briefly looked at the Boy Scout room too...

And I am incredibly grateful for a whole bunch of wonderful, wonderful men (and some women too) who spend a whole lot of time, energy and effort, not just to make the troop and pack a better place for their sons, but to enrich the lives of all these young men.  Including mine.


5 comments:

Brenda Emmett said...

Love those wonderful parents who help make the scouting program what it is for the boys. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

Debbie Phillips said...

Glad you decided to join us. It is good to concentrate on the good things in our lives... they are a blessing from the Lord and we should be thankful.

i cant decide said...

Awesome!

Unknown said...

My nephews love scouting too. It has really made a difference for them.

My Captivating Life said...

I have been considering putting my girls in scouts so this is encouraging! :)