Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One of THOSE days...

Okay, so this is just going to be a quick post, because I really need to be doing about eighty other things.  But I just had to say that my life would be SO much easier if:
  1. I pulled together Scout stuff more than ten minutes before the meeting. Of course, getting two new Tigers in the den last night would have messed up (in a GREAT way) the best-laid plans.  But still.  It isn't like I don't know it is coming.  How tough would it be to find construction papers, stickers and markers, oh, the day before the meeting?
  2. I pulled together the materials for the Physical Science class I'm teaching online, oh, say, the day before class.  Instead of getting up at Oh Dark Thirty to get up to speed, only to realize there is no lecture quiz.  Argh.  There is now a quiz.  It's the lecture that is lacking.
  3. My kids could EVER find their school materials when we are trying to use them.  EVER.  Okay, I think eveything is present and accounted for at the moment, but yesterday was a joke.
  4. I actually found the time to READ the book I committed to review today for Booksneeze.  In my defense, this isn't a book I can just sit down and read in an afternoon.  I haven't been able to read more than about 3 pages in a sitting, as there is just so much to ponder.  So sometime later today, watch for a review.  Encourage me.  Tell me that it isn't awful.  I feel like a total failure on this one.
  5. I could be in at least two different places at the same time.  I'm having nightmares about Thursday.  William and Connor are supposed to be at a Scout thing in the northwest part of town from 4:00 to sometime (5:00?  5:30?  I don't know).  William and Thomas are supposed to be at Barnes and Noble kind of in the middle of town from 5:00-6:00.  All five kids are supposed to be at swim lessons more or less in the northeast part of town from 6:30-7:00.  I have no idea how to make this work.
Okay, so that is today's Procrastinator's Anonymous Check In.  I better get back to prepping a lecture.  <sigh>

1 comment:

Cristi said...

One of these days I'm going to check my kids' schoolwork on the same day that they do it so that I can see if they're falling behind, misunderstanding somthing, or whatever.

As for the busy schedule, lots and lots of hugs. Sometimes I think juggling schedules is one of the harder things I do.