Friday, May 21, 2010

Review: Lobster Network

One of the more unusual things I've been asked to review this year as part of the TOS Homeschool Crew is a FREE website called the Lobster Network.  What in the world is that, you ask?  Well, check out this graphic for a clue:


The idea is that you can join the site (did I mention it is free?), network with other people, and have a means of keeping track of the stuff you own, the stuff you are willing to lend out to other people, the stuff you want to sell, things you want, and more.

You can create private communities on Lobster Network, so if you are part of a group -- local or virtual -- you can network with them for things you can lend out or things you'd like to borrow.

I have not had nearly enough free time to play on this yet (my username though is footprints -- so if you join, please request me to be your friend!) but I would love to invite the moms in our scout troop to join and become a private group.  It would feel great to know that they could ask to borrow my Apologia Botany book (for example) and we would both get a reminder when it was "due" back.

I'm also hoping (this weekend?) to start getting some things input on there, not just so I could let friends of mine borrow my stuff, but so I know what I have... and while the process to input things into Lobster Network is easy, well, getting my life organized enough so I can do that is another matter!

This site was created by a homeschooling family, and I think it is genius...


And you can check out what my fellow crewmates have to say about Lobster Network at:



Any questions? I'd love to know what you would want to know in deciding whether or not this is something you want to purchase.

Disclaimer:  As part of the TOS Homeschool Review Crew, I was asked to join this free site and write a review.  No compensation was given.  As always, I am not going to praise something unless I think it deserves the praise.  If I don't like it, you'll hear that.  And hopefully with enough detail as to why so you can decide for yourself if what I hate about it makes it perfect for your family.  For more about my take on reviews, visit my blog post here.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great resource. Stopping from Mom Loop to follow.

~SHANNON~ said...

Wow- will have to check that out!!

I am stopping by from Mom Loop Friday Follow! Thank you so much for taking part:)

I am your newest follower! And I hope you will follow me as well!

Shannon
http://milkandcuddles.com/

The Activity Mom said...

so neat will have to check it out.

stopping by from Mom Loop...your newest follower!

stop by:

http://activitymom.blogspot.com