Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Romans and Greeks and Myths, oh my!

I am SO tired of ancient history!  I need a break.  Next week, we are absolutely going to do something totally different, I'm telling you.


Connor has been preparing for Latin Convention tests.  He's sitting for Greek History, Roman History, and Mythology.  As a result, in the past few weeks, he/we has/have:
  • Listened to The Modern Scholar: A History of Ancient Rome
  • Worked through Famous Men of Rome
  • and Famous Men of Greece
  • and D'Aulaire's Greek Myths
  • and Black Ships Before Troy
  • and all the Rome/Greece parts of Story of the World
  • and watched Drive Thru History Greece 
  • and Drive Thru History Rome
  • and read an Usborne book about Ancient Greece
  • and City by David MacAulay
  • and a few other assorted books about Greece and Rome

And we're in the middle of:
  • The Modern Scholar: Hebrews, Greeks, Romans
  • The Wanderings of Odysseus
  • Roman Myths
Tomorrow morning, we may still watch a couple other videos we have around about Rome and/or Greece.  And we'll undoubtedly listen to something in the car on our way there.

But let me tell you... next week, I am SO not doing anything related to Rome or Greece.  No way, no how.  You can't make me.  Uh-uh.







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

author said...

LOL!!! We're in the middle of an Ancient Greece unit study ourselves, followed by a foray into Ancient Rome. (Ack!) I feel your pain, Debra...I feeeeeeel your pain! ;)

Debra said...

Denise -- thanks! that's probably part of the problem, in that we've been studying ancient history since September anyway, so doing this intensive thing right now is just way too much of something I was already getting tired of. And what kills me, I realized too late, is that we're studying it the way we always study history... working mostly on what and the why. He's going to be tested on the who and the when, you know, picky little things. So he's probably not going to do terribly well anyway. Oh well. I don't teach to the test. At least not exactly.