Monday, January 11, 2010

Another reading challenge: PPLD Adult Reading Program


Oh, I know this doesn't apply to more than a couple of my readers...

But it is that time of year again.  The Pikes Peak Library District Adult Reading Program.  I signed hubby & I up for it today, as you can sign up online.

Why should kids get all the fun?

The challenge is to read 8 books by March 8.  There are prizes, including a candy bar from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and a coffee mug (I'm drinking from my 2008-09 program mug right now!)  Getting 4 by 2/15 or 8 by 3/8 gets you into drawings for great prizes like a $50 King Soopers gift card (King Soopers is Colorado's version of Kroger!) or a gift basket from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.

If I meet the other challenges I set for myself, I'll have no problem meeting these!

  1. The Gospel According to Lost by Chris Seay
  2. Inside the Revolution by Joel Rosenberg
  3. The Hidden Flame by Davis Bunn and Janette Oke

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stumbled upon your blog recently and enjoying it. I am hosting an art giveaway that you might find interesting. Stop by when you have a chance and take a peek.
Blessings
Diane

Wendy Hilton said...

Your post about the library reading program made me think about my reading log. I have kept a log of all of the books I have read for the past 15 years. (Yes, I know I'm admitting that I'm a nerd!) I'd love to know which 8 books you read by March 8. And I hope you win some great prizes! :)
Wendy

Debra said...

Diane -- just visited, and your husband does beautiful work!

Wendy -- that is so great -- I think it would be fascinating to go back through logs of what I had read over the past fifteen years. I'd be appalled at the fluff I used to read though!