Thursday, September 10, 2009

Review: Study Pod

There is absolutely no way I can give this product justice in my review. What is it? Well, its a "book holder thingy" according to my eldest. But wow, this "thingy" is so much more than that.

Okay, picture a fairly small hardcover book. Only when you open it up, there aren't pages, but a nice little pocket where you can store quite a few essentials. And then you flip a couple things, set a book on the StudyPod, anchor it in place...

And voila! you can type Latin sentences from your book and not keep losing your place (Connor is doing that right now!), or you can set a cookbook up on the counter, or you can prop up curriculum and easily refer to it as you create a Homeschool Tracker lesson plan (what I was doing before the above-mentioned child insisted he needed it so he could finish his Latin), or...

This thing is SO nice. I wish it was possible to truly explain it. It is so much more than just a way to hold a book.

Pros: Easy to store, easy to transport, easy to use, holds just about any size of book.

Cons: flimsy little paperback books do not work in this well, but we had no problem with roughly 99% of the books we tried. The biggest con though is that there are at least five of us who want to use it, and we only have one.

I am seriously considering these as Christmas gifts this year though. And the folks at Genio/Study Pod have provided Review Crew readers with a code good for $5 off. Regular price is $20 for one, or two or more are $17 each. Discount Code: TOSBLOG5

You can check out what my fellow crewmates have to say about Study Pod at:
Any questions? I'd love to know what you would want to know in deciding whether or not this is something you want to purchase.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Great review! You described it very well:) I think it's a pretty cool "thingy" too:)

Debra said...

Thanks Nikki! I feel totally inadequate though. And what I should have put in the review was to go watch the video on the website.